A brokerage, in financial terms, is a company that processes – or brokers – the transaction between an equities trader and a major equities exchange. A broker is also the party that mediates between a buyer and a seller, acting as a principal party in the deal.
In the past, banks and other lending institutions handled their own loans. But as the mortgage market has grown in size and competitiveness, mortgage brokers have become more common. In fact, in most markets, mortgage brokers are now the largest distributors of mortgage products for lenders. In order to ensure consumer protection, most mortgage brokers are regulated. The extent of the regulation depends on the jurisdiction.
The broker is responsible for providing advice that is appropriate for the borrower’s circumstances, and they’ll be held liable if their advice is unethical or damaging to the client. In some jurisdictions, a broker’s responsibility is limited to pointing the borrower in the direction of an appropriate lender, and they don’t otherwise advise the clients.
Tasks of a Houston mortgage broker:
1. It is the responsibility of a mortgage broker to conduct marketing strategies in order to attract clients.
2. It is the mortgage broker’s responsibility to properly assess the borrower’s circumstances, including credit history and the ability of the borrower to pay off debt.
3. Searching the market to find the right mortgage product for the client.
4. Applying for a lender’s agreement in principle (pre-approval)
5. Gathering all necessary documents.
6. Completing the lender application form.
7. Explaining the legal disclosures.
8. Submitting all material to the lender.
A Houston mortgage broker will usually work with several lenders to find the best financing for a borrower, whether they have perfect credit or bad credit. A mortgage broker will always search for the lowest mortgage rate at several institutions, unlike the loan officer at a neighborhood bank. Brokers are paid by adding on fees, or “points,” so it pays to shop around for a mortgage broker.
And to help you search for the top chosen Houston mortgage brokers you may try browsing on the internet since most of the reputable mortgage brokers are found online. A reputable online mortgage broker is ideal for mortgage lenders since they are able to save time and effort since all the information that they need is consolidated into one site.
Moreover, it also easier for borrowers to get quotes from online mortgage brokers and allows borrowers to conduct mass canvassing. The mortgage rate is usually based on current interest rates, the property’s location, the borrower’s credit score and employment history so it vital for a borrower to provide the mentioned information in order to receive a rate quote.